New Jersey  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/03/07, 12:05 pm

Grandparents'rights in New Jersey

My 8-year old grandson lives with his father in New Jersey. The father will not let me talk to or see him. A few years ago the father severely beat the child. After being in foster care for about a year and a half, a Florida judge returned the child to the father.

I have opposed the return to his father, including starting a website, In retaliation, the father has told the child that I am dead.

I understand that the State of New Jersey recognizes grandparents' rights. How do I go about it?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search