New Jersey  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/08/12, 9:00 am

Hello, I would love some input on my current situation as I am very confused if this is even possible.

I moved to NJ from Florida little over 6 years ago for the guy I was dating at the time which is now my daughters father. Our original plan was to stay for 1 year and then move back to Florida, which never happened. When our daughter was 1 we split up. Our schedule with her has been mostly 50-50. I am currently engaged and my fiancť lives in Atlanta. He has an extremely successful business there and we are expecting a child. I want to move to Atlanta with my daughter but I donít know what a NJ court would say about that. My daughters dad loves drama and will probably fight me tooth and nail for this not to happen. I have no family here in NJ and he had all his family here. All my family is in Florida and I have given up my life basically to be here in a place I donít like just for the sake of my daughter. Now that Iím engaged and have a new baby on the way I want to move to Atlanta and start my life and my family. I have been told that it is very hard in NJ to move out of state unless the other parent is substantially and unfit parent. Any advice or input would be much appreciated. Thank you!

2 Answers

Answered on: 11/08/12, 9:03 am by Jef Henninger, Esq

Its not as hard as you make it sound, but there are a number of issues you need to cover. We could help you. Its called a motion for removal. Call me at 732/773/2768 to discuss

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq. 8 Offices in New Jersey Tinton Falls, Newark, Toms Riv, NJ 08901

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 11/08/12, 9:34 am by SAUL SEGAN

Talk to an experienced lawyer, not gossipy friends....

Call me at 215-732-4000 to discuss.....It is not as terrible as you think....

I practice in NJ and PA.....This sounds like Camden problem.... is web site....

Sounds like you have a bright future in the making... would love to help make that happen

Kind regards,


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

SAUL H SEGAN ATTY AT LAW 1760 Market Street-Ste 400 Philadelphia, PA 19103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search