New Jersey  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/11/10, 8:39 am

Dear Madam or Sir, Thank you for taking my question. I am an American born citizen. In 2005 I went overseas and got engaged. I came back and filed for fiance visa. She received her visa and came here and then we got married. In 2007 my wife and I divorced and she returned to her native country. I withdrew the applications that I filed for her. After that, her green card was sent to me regardless, so I sent it back to Vermont Service Center. Now, several years later, she and I are thinking of reconciliation. Is there any chance of petitioning for her again if we want to get married again? If so, how do I petition for her to come back to the states? Thank you for your help!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search