Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

my visa will expire after 2 months end. my wife due date is 15 days before expiry. Is there any option I can extend the stay to 2 more weeks without going out of status? I am on H1B visa and my 6 year completes after 2 months

Asked on 4/04/13, 10:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, call us to discuss at 732/383/6242

Read more
Answered on 4/04/13, 10:43 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you have any time spent outside of the United States in the past six years, then you can apply for an "extension of stay/recapture of time". If not, you have a 10 day grace period once the H-1B visa period of stay terminates.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/13, 4:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now