New Jersey  |  Employment Law

If resigning from an employer to go to competitor what should I disclose legally upon exiting the current company?

Answered on: 9/13/13, 7:40 am by Frank Natoli

You are not obligated to disclose anything and you are free to work for anyone you wish unless you are working under a written contract that prohibits you from competing. If you are working under a contract I suggest you have a lawyer review it and consult with you about your rights and obligations under its terms.

That said, you cannot exploit the employer's proprietary information and trade secrets to advantage the new employer. This could lead to legal action, but much more detail would have to be fleshed out to determine whether this is of concern in your case.

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Kind regards,

Frank

www.LanternLegal.com

866-871-8655

frank@lanternlegal.com

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Natoli-Lapin, LLC 304 Park Avenue South, 11th Floor New York, NY 10010

Answered on: 9/13/13, 8:14 am by Robert Davies

you do not need to tell your old employer anything. call me if you need a lawyer,

Bob Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A. 45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West Hackensack, NJ 07601