Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

I have a question regarding real estate in the Dominican Republic. My father recently passed away and I am trying to recover a house that he built on a plot of land that he purchased. I was the closest and only heir and am residing in the United States. I have his death certificate. From what I am aware my father did not have a deed for the house as he never got one but he does have a deed for the land. What channels do I go to in order to retrieve this deed or what further documents do I need in order to do so?

Asked on 10/02/13, 6:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Corbett Corbett Law Firm LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This is not something that you should be doing yourself. Find a reliable lawyer in the Dominican Republic to help. I just finished with a land deal involving Aruba property. As expected, both the laws and procedure differ greatly in other countries and the advice of local counsel is invaluable.

See also:

Read more
Answered on 10/02/13, 7:31 pm
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You could use the help of a lawyer here in New Jersey, to handle the estate.

That lawyer can also help you find a reliable attorney in the Dominican Republic.

I was involved in a real estate matter in the Dominican Republic a while back. I can assist you.

Robert Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 12:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now