New Jersey  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/21/13, 12:13 am

I moved to new jersey last year changed my liscence and everything to nj except my vehicle which is not paid off and I'm behind on payments so I returned vehicle to a relative's place in fl the day before my ticket I returned the vehicle to nj in hopes of registering the vehicle with the title which is still and always been titled in fl I was ticketed for no registration and no insurance. I'm going to pay the reg, but the nj statue states the vehicle that is registered or princibly garaged in the state of nj my truck was never registered or garages here can I beat this ticket? If so what do I need to bring with me or prove at trial

2 Answers

Answered on: 6/21/13, 3:02 pm by Jonathan Mincis

The registration ticket is just A fine. The ticket that can seriously hurt you is the no insurance. If you were charged under

6B2 of the statute then you would be facing a fine of anywhere between $300 and $1,000.00 and a mandatory 1 year loss of your license or right to drive in New Jersey. There is also community service. You need to produce a valid insurance card to show that you had valid insurance in effect on the day that you were stopped. Make certain you have insurance on the car. If you cannot produce a valid insurance card or proof of coverage it

Will be difficult. If you wish to talk about it further please feel free to call 201 342 5030, I never charge a fee to merely speak to someone about their case.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq. Law Offices 131 Main Street, Suite 270 Hackensack, NJ 07601

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 6/22/13, 3:24 am by SAUL SEGAN

Definitely contact Mr. Mincis, or another able nj attorney. (He is relatively close to you. At least call him and chat with him.)

You need help and should not THINK about doing this yourself.

Best of luck to you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

SAUL H SEGAN ATTY AT LAW 1760 Market Street-Ste 400 Philadelphia, PA 19103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search