Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

We got a ticket for passing a stopped school bus. Should we bring an attorney when we go to court? We've never been to court before.

Asked on 6/10/13, 12:48 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys

John Ducey Law Offices of John G. Ducey, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. many courts do not let you negotiate that type of ticket. It is a 5 point ticket that could have a severe impact on your insurance rates.

jJhn Ducey


Read more
6/10/13, 12:51 pm
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, its a pretty big ticket. I have 11 office locations in NJ so call me at 732/773/2768 to discuss

Read more
6/10/13, 12:55 pm
Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should definitely have an attorney. Do not plead guilty to a 5 point offense when it can be a 2 point offense and the fines can be greatly reduced. Call my office as soon as possible

Read more
6/10/13, 1:06 pm
Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need a lawyer due to the heavy penalties you are potentially facing. Please contact my office to discuss your case in more detail. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
6/10/13, 1:32 pm
Jonathan Mincis Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq. Law Offices
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is a 5 point ticket so it may pay to consult a lawyer. Please feel free to call to discuss I would be happy to discuss the matter with you at length {201} 342 5030

Read more
6/10/13, 7:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88263 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now