Legal Question in Workers Comp in New Jersey

In New Jersey, can I have someone work for me (in my small business) with no pay, but I provide free housing? What if she has worked for me and lived with me for years with no money exchanged? Is there any legal action that she might be able to take against me for not paying her?

Asked on 8/22/13, 7:52 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yeah, it's called the 13th. amendment to the United States Constitution. It freed the slaves. Look it up.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/13, 8:47 pm
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I do not think the other attorney is right on this. I would need to research this for you, to tell you whether you can pay this person by giving them housing. let me know if you are serious about this, and call my office.

Robert Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 8/23/13, 8:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now