Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in New York

Hi I am 14, and want to sue someone for defamation actually my mother, she has said many things

1. false allegations of child abuse

2. false allegations of sexual abuse,rape

she told a lot of people so know people look at us like if we were hoers or something and she also said that to acs and acs said the allegations were false but they didn't do anything about it than say there lies she still presses in the family court that it's true but I know she is doing because she wants our custody but we don't want to live with her she has abused and I practically hate her everytime I see her I remember all the bad she's done in my miserable life. What can I do to sue her?

Asked on 11/11/11, 8:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As long as you are a minor only your parents or a guardian can sue on your behalf . . . . and here is the depressing news, your mother has parental immunity in her child's civil action against her for being a bad parent.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/11, 9:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now