Legal Question in Consumer Law in New York

I won my case because the defendant didnt show up. I sued the "DBA" company and Owner/Manager instead of the Corporation business in small claims court. Now the owner said he is just a employee of the company and what to vacate the judgement. Can I sued the company again if the Judgement is vacated

Asked on 8/29/13, 2:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A mere employee has no reason to vacate a judgment. The defendant is lying. There are enhancements to judgments from small claims that are not paid and your case may fit within them. The idea behind the enhancements is to make it worthwhile for a lawyer to get involved.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/13, 3:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now