Legal Question in Entertainment Law in New York

I'm the writer/director/producer of an indie film. My editor quit and turned over the footage as per the contract agreement he signed (all footage belongs to me). He did an adited version of the film that he didnt turn over and now upon checking the raw footage, some of it is missing. Can I sue him to turn over the edited footage and missing footage?

Asked on 12/07/12, 2:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Generally speaking, if in fact the raw footage is your property, then the editor would need to return it and if not returned or if returned damaged you could sue.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/12, 8:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Entertainment & Sport Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now