New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/27/13, 3:09 pm

I filed for sole custody for my daughter. At the preliminary hearing, the judge ordered a drug test for me and my ex. I came back positive for marijuana. The appointed lawyer for my daughter requested for visitation with supervision for me. There's no way in hell i would engage in such arrangement. The next court date, i withdrew my petition for sole custody. My question is this...did i give up any legal right i have for my daughter? My name is on the birth certificate as the father. The mother never filed a petition against me. And, can i file another petition for physical joint answer would be much appreciated. Thank u

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search