Legal Question in Family Law in New York

i live in NY and currently in the process of an adoption with my daughter. My husband and i recently got married so he could adopt my daughter. My attorney who i was referred to was fired from her firm. After a months worth of phone calls and getting the run around they told me she was fired and a new lawyer was taking over my case and id hear from her in a day or two. its been over a week and still nothing. I have no clue what my previous lawyer was doing or if i have missed a court date. I haven't gotten updates on anything. is this unethical or malpractice?

Tatyana Agarunov Agarunov Law Firm

I would recommend for you hire new counsel to represent you. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to call me 212-920-5989.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York