Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I live in new york my son has someone on the birth certificate and i told him before he signed it there was a chance it wasnt his and i wont to found out for my son and where the right person is paying child support

Asked on 6/28/13, 7:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rick Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You're going to have to file a Paternity Petition and perhaps seek and Order of Filiation to have the court declare another person to be the father. If the true father does not voluntarily agree that he is the father, then you're going to have a difficult time proving who the father is. Not impossible, but it's going to cost you some money for the DNA testing.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 6:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now