New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/11/13, 1:09 pm

After being separated for approximately 5 yrs. I was served with papers for a divorce 7 months ago. My husband lives in North Carolina. I live in New York. After not having heard from him or his attorney I wrote asking for an update. I received a letter from the court stating they had been informed by his attorney in April that he did not want to proceed with the divorce. I was told his attorney is sending me a stipulation of discontinuance. What exactly is that? Also, after being separated for such a long period of time what is involved in seeking a divorce?

Thank you for any assistance in this matter.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search