Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

If I have been erroneously named in a law suit as property owner of property I do not or never owned, how can I fix that?

Asked on 8/09/13, 5:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Browde David A. Browde, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you can't negotiate a stipulation of discontinuance or withdrawal of the complaint you can file a motion for summary judgment.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/13, 5:10 pm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You had better take care of it fast by enticing the attorney to discontinue suit against you with prejudice; otherwise hire an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/13, 7:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now