New York  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/02/10, 9:53 am

my son bought a house and his girlfriend moved in with him.She brought a lot of furniture and gave him some.Now she is having an affair with one of his friends and moved out.She is sending a u-haul to pick up everything in the house.Even the things she gave to him.She never paid rent or utilities,what rights does he have to prevent her from taking everything?Should he ask her for proof of ownership or what?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search