Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New York

my sister filed a malpractice lawsuit on behalf of my mother who is now deceased. my sister also passed away and the family does not know the information on the lawsuit if anyone has tried to contact the family. how can we go about finding the information about the lawsuit if it was settled or not settled. we don't have any information about the lawsuit. can you please help us to find a way to find out about the law suite and what should the steps be that we should take

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

Medical malpractice and other personal injury cases that have been filed are a matter of public record. In searching for the status of a case, it would be helpful to know the county in which the person's malpractice claim had been filed.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Good luck!

Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

Ask your sister's family to look carefully amongst her papers for any letter or other document relating to the lawsuit. Hard to imagine there's nothing about. Otherwise, you can check the NYS Courts website for each county the case might have been brought in, referencing your mother's name. Something should turn up.

Best, M. E. Zuller

Thomas Reilly Albert W. Chianese & Associates

You can look up on the following website the case. Do a search using your mother's name and sisters name as plaintiff. It should pull up the case. Then contact the plaintiff's attorney listed for the case. If you can not locate that information you can contact me and I will try to locate who the attorney was representing your mother's estate.

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/FCASMain

Good Luck

Thoma Reilly

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New York