New York  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/08/12, 2:39 pm

i have a Will no probate, the lawyer that helped write the will was difficult. i was the executive i did not want to exercise the Will at that time. the Will states that i get the house, no problem. the point is the laywer fail to tranfer the deed its still in my father's name all the real estate taxes have been paid to date its has been 19 years. i like to tranfer the deed to my name. Q: What will be the cost and how much time should this take, New York State resident and the home is also in NYS.

Thank You

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/09/12, 9:58 am by Steven Czik

You would likely need to have a new deed executed and filed. The work can be done quickly and filed with the city/state within a week. The official recording by them can take 4-8 weeks. We have substantial experience handling these types of cases and very reasonable fees. However, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.


401 Greenwich Street

New York, New York 10013


The information provided by Czik Law PLLC (CLP) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. CLP is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and CLP have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain CLP on terms acceptable to CLP, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

Steven Czik


401 Greenwich Street

New York, NY 10013

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

CZIK LAW PLLC 401 Greenwich Street New York, NY 10013

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search