Legal Question in Bankruptcy in North Carolina

bankruptcy issues

After the Bankruptcy court had closed the case with complete debt release for me, an individual refiled a small claims court case that I was not aware of, and had been included in the debts to be dismissed in the bankruptcy case. This happened in Cumberland county, NC. I just found out about it while asking about a loan to buy a house. I need to know, if something was in the bankruptcy file as a debt to be canceled by the court, and I have not re-avowed the debt, is it legal for anyone to seek a judgment against me? If not, what are my options since the judgment against me has been granted and this is now in my credit report.

Randal Ford Randal S. Ford, Attorney at Law

Re: bankruptcy issues

If the debt was included in your case and you received a discharge they cannot proceed with any legal action in regards to that debt. Contact your ORIGINAL bankruptcy attorney and he/she can file suit against the person who continued the action.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms