Legal Question in Business Law in North Carolina

My wife has not been paid for three pay periods from her company. She has recieved two checks but both were returned because of insufficient funds. There are rumors that one of the owners takes the money to gamble but there is no proof. Is this possibly a criminal matter? Could I take them to small claims court to get my wife's pay? Thank you.

Asked on 10/03/11, 10:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory Kash Law Office of Gregory M. Kash
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You sure could take them to small claims court. You should also contact the N.C. Department of Labor, who can point you in the right direction to get the assistance of the state.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/11, 10:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now