Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in North Carolina

My college professor gave me a grade b two weeks before I completed the quiz is this legal to give me something I didn't earn.

Its not illegal or a crime. Not sure why you are complaining unless you were holding out for an A.

Perhaps the grade was based on all of your work throughout the semester not just on the quiz? Would the quiz have altered the grade? If so, up or down?

Try talking to the professor after you read the school handbook/policy on grading and ask for an explanation. If the answer is not satisfactory, you can complain to the department head or dean of the school or ombudsman but what results are you looking for here?

If the quiz would not have altered the grade and the grade is fair, then I would not make an issue of it. If your grade would have been lower after the quiz, make an issue of it but if your grade is changed to the lower grade, then that is the risk you take. If the grade would have been hired, there must be a process for appealing your grade and that would involve you speaking to your professor and you cogently arguing that your grade should be based on the quiz and all of your other work and you deserve, based on merit, a higher grade.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms