Legal Question in Construction Law in North Carolina

It has been five weeks a GC is promising to pay us, but never pays. Can we put a lean on his company? How can we get our money out of him?

Asked on 9/04/09, 4:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeff Rosner Rosner Law Firm P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have certain lien rights against the property but you really should consult an attorney b/c it would be too complicated to go into. The gist of it is - if the GC has not yet been paid by the owner in full, then that is where you have rights and the quicker you act, the better. If the GC has been paid in full by owner, then your remedy would usually be a breach of contract action against the GC.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/09, 9:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Construction Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now