Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

My girlfriend and got into an argument. I lost my temper and damaged her car. I offered to fix the damage and pay for it but her mother had already fixed it. I paid her mother for the damages & repair. Then I got arrested for personal property damage. We have been together since this happened and were on good terms when I was arrested. She said she thought the charges were dropped. Everytime its time to go to court she is mad at me and refuses to go to tell them I paid. My next court date is coming up. What do I do?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Get independent proof that you paid, hopefully you got a receipt. On a more practical note, it is probably time to move on from this young lady. A hot and cold relationship is just asking for trouble...if she is getting mad and refusing to help you with Court, she can cause a lot more serious harm to you later on.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina