Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

My girlfriend and got into an argument. I lost my temper and damaged her car. I offered to fix the damage and pay for it but her mother had already fixed it. I paid her mother for the damages & repair. Then I got arrested for personal property damage. We have been together since this happened and were on good terms when I was arrested. She said she thought the charges were dropped. Everytime its time to go to court she is mad at me and refuses to go to tell them I paid. My next court date is coming up. What do I do?

Asked on 7/30/13, 5:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Get independent proof that you paid, hopefully you got a receipt. On a more practical note, it is probably time to move on from this young lady. A hot and cold relationship is just asking for trouble...if she is getting mad and refusing to help you with Court, she can cause a lot more serious harm to you later on.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 7:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now