Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

paid $3000 for a wedding venue and the property has been foreclosed, which I found out on the news, the owner never contacted me. She said she has a court day in 3 days I checked the court docket calendar and called they don't show her in the calendar. They also said the foreclosure was finished. How do we get our $3000 back?

Asked on 7/29/13, 5:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can sue her. You might want to re post this in the civil litigation section to get better exposure as this is not a criminal question without more facts. Also, you may want to recheck the court and speak to the clerk. When you said "they said" who are you referring to? If the clerk said this, verify it. If anyone else said it, then you definitely want to check.

You can sue in small claims court to get your money back.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 7:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now