Legal Question in Immigration Law in North Carolina

I am currently on L2, with a valid EAD till june 2014. My husband has applied for H1. Will my EAD be valid and can i extend my EAD after june 2014

Asked on 6/17/13, 10:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unfortunately, once your husband changes status to H-1B, your L-2 status will no longer be valid & thus your EAD will not be valid, either. (You should have filed an I-539 along with your husband's I-129 for the change of status, too).

Although there has been a proposal to permit H-4's to apply for EADs, the law has not been changed yet. Therefore, once you change status to H-4, you will not be able to work (for now anyway).

Read more
Answered on 6/17/13, 5:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now