Legal Question in Insurance Law in North Carolina

I have a mobile home in n.c. a few months ago lightning struck my heat pump destroying my unit inside and out. I called my insurance company and filed a claim.

They sent me paperwork to be filled out by my contractor. After doing the paper work, i was told if i used my contractor i had to pay upfront before they would reimburse me, all i would have to do is send the receipt. I borrowed 4500 and paid my contractor. I sent in rcpt. Adjustor then tells me a cash rcpt. is not acceptable. I have read my policy and nowhere does it say cash rcpts. only. now i have no heat or air and am paying the 4500 back. Also no insurance company in n.c. that i have contacted, has never heard of cash rcpts. not being accepted.

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Call them back and demand proof of their claim. If this doesn't work, call the NC commissioner of insurance and file a complaint.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Insurance Law Legal Forms