Legal Question in Insurance Law in North Carolina

I have a mobile home in n.c. a few months ago lightning struck my heat pump destroying my unit inside and out. I called my insurance company and filed a claim.

They sent me paperwork to be filled out by my contractor. After doing the paper work, i was told if i used my contractor i had to pay upfront before they would reimburse me, all i would have to do is send the receipt. I borrowed 4500 and paid my contractor. I sent in rcpt. Adjustor then tells me a cash rcpt. is not acceptable. I have read my policy and nowhere does it say cash rcpts. only. now i have no heat or air and am paying the 4500 back. Also no insurance company in n.c. that i have contacted, has never heard of cash rcpts. not being accepted.

Asked on 3/07/13, 1:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Call them back and demand proof of their claim. If this doesn't work, call the NC commissioner of insurance and file a complaint.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/13, 2:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Insurance Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now