North Carolina  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/22/13, 8:00 am

A co-worker borrowed money from me because he was nearly evicted from his apartment, I sympathized with his problem and borrowed money from friends and co-workers since I didnít have the money. In return I have spent more than 18 months begging for my money back. The amount was only $250 and I thought of a small claims court but I found myself full or rage, anger and distrust of everyone around me. When am at work around him I feel I should isolate myself and stay away from him because I am so mad and itís making my work environment very painful. I work 4 different jobs to make ends meet, I support my mother whoís not covered by medical insurance, 3 nieces cause their parents are unemployed and I work really hard to make sure no one in my family sleeps hungry. I cannot lose any of my jobs and aside for needing my $250 back I also need to keep my job where he works and he is not making it easier on me at all, I can not quit and I am truly scared I will have a nervous breakdown being around a person who took and still taking advantage of me every day. Can I Sue him to get my money back and for emotional distress?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search