North Carolina  |  Personal Injury

Is it too late for me to seek treatment?

hit hard in the rear july 31 2006. his car was smashed, i was just happy that we both were ok. my upper back was stiff and tense but figured it would go away. i reluctantly, went to the hospital, denied the xray because trying to be honest and felt it would pass. did mention going to the chiropractor to doctor just to be on safe side. he became upset and said that we don't recommend and that they are basically quacks anyway. they don't help. feeling guilty and dishonest for asking i left. he did recommend follow up but i was out of work until school started back but only worked parttime. did not know when and if i was going to be reimbursed and can't afford to go. i received a check for my totalled car, less salvage cost. talked to another agent who sent me a letter to sign and send back. it listed amount for dr's bill, hospital and medicine and including $350 for me personally. but as a result of the accident my seat was distorted and i was forced to sit awkwardly. my lower back and side has since hurt so bad that i can't sleep at night. i afraid that i have made a mistake in not seeking treatment sooner and know that $350.00 will not cover treatment. do i need to sign paper and pay for stupid mistake live w/pain best way i can.

Answered on: 11/14/06, 5:15 pm by MIchael Lewis

Re: Is it too late for me to seek treatment?

You should get medical treatment as soon as possible, and should not sign a release until you are certain of whether you have seriously injured your back. Your claim may be more difficult to prove because of the delay, but nevertheless you should get medical help right away and then revisit the legal issues after you know your medical condition.

Lewis & Daggett, Attorneys at Law 285 Executive Park Blvd Winston Salem, NC 27103