Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

Over the past 10 years I have been a Director for a youth football program in North Carolina. Our organization has participated in a league of 15-20 independent organizations, accross an 8 county area. The league was run by a board of directors that consisted of the 7 directors of the programs that were run through Municipality Parks and Recreation Departments The other programs were independent, not for profit, organizations, and essentially had no say in the governing of the league. Recently this league dissolved when the 7 Parks and Rec run organizations (Essenstially the governing body) elected to pull out and form a new smaller league. The majority of the remaining programs are getting together to form a new league. My question is, in forming the new league, what can we do to minimize the liability of the "League" so that essentially, the league would not be liable for the actions of the independent organizations?

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

You need to speak to an attorney who specializes in incorporation. This is a question that will take a thorough evaluation of your organization structure and needs.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina