Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

Yes,My question is.I was a pedestrianhit by a car.need help of what i can do or not.

Asked on 6/28/11, 10:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Were you hurt? Find a personal injury attorney. There are tons of personal injury attorneys who would give you a free consult. Find one/

You need to file a claim with the driver's insurance company. If you were injured, you need to seek attention from a medical doctor first, not a chiropractor. If you have bruises or borken bones, take pictures. Keep a log of how much time you lost from work because you were hurt, your mileage and time spent going to the doctor. Keep a log of what you can or cannot do (for example, do you need help around the house because you were hurt? can you dress yourself?). Keep a log as to your level of pain - you will need it later.

When the doctor tells you that you have made a full recovery or when the doctor tells you that you have improved to the best you will ever be, then you can settle your personal injury claim. You are entitled to recover your medical expenses, any time lost from work because of the injuries in the car crash and something for your pain and suffering. This is where your pain log comes in. Someone who is hurt really bad and has broken bones has a lot more pain than someone who missed only a week of work. Where you fall depends on your injuries.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/11, 12:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now