Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

Farmer constructed grain bins directly behind my home. The dust and noise are unbearable. Do I have a course of action?

Asked on 5/11/13, 5:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Kirby Law Offices of John M. Kirby
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

These are complicated questions. This raises primarily the law of "nuisance"; i.e. that the farmer is creating a nuisance that interferes with your use of your land. People are entitled to make reasonable use of their land, but there is a limit when they unreasonably interfere with their neighbors. You will have to consult with a lawyer (ideally in your local area) with a lot more specific facts to know whether this constitutes a nuisance, as there are many cases in North Carolina addressing what conduct constitutes a nuisance. Based on what you have described, it appears that you may have a valid claim.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/13, 6:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now