Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

I was given community service but couldn't complete it and I have not talked to my public defender what should I do my court date is tomorrow

Asked on 6/19/13, 9:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unless your attorney has instructed you otherwise, you should go to Court tomorrow, dressed appropriately for Court (coat and tie if you have them if not at least in a shirt and pants with your shirt tucked into your pants). Explain to your attorney that you did not complete your community service - you had better have a decent reason - and then keep your fingers crossed that your attorney can convince the judge that you deserve additional time to complete the community service. If you are given additional time - don't jerk around again - go complete your community service and whatever else your attorney and / or the court instructs you to do. Or if an active sentence was initially suspended, you can elect to do your active time instead.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/13, 10:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now