Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

Employer wont let husband go to doctor

My husband fell at work and injured his arm. he told his employer immediately after and they said to finish out the day. well it's been a week and a half and everyday they tell him to work one more day. the pain is getting worse and today he stood up to them and said that he really does need to see a doctor, it's getting worse and his MANAGER called him QUOTE '' a wuss'' Can they do this? it's affecting his work, the quality of sleep. he's in pain and his employer doesnt seem to care!!! please help!

Asked on 9/08/08, 6:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Wesley Everett Everett Law Firm, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Employer wont let husband go to doctor

Your husband certainly has the right to see a doctor. If we can be helpful, please contact our office - ask to speak with Vanessa.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/08, 6:15 pm
Stephen Camak Lennon, Camak & Bertics, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Employer wont let husband go to doctor

Your husband needs to file a Form 18 with the NC Industrial Commission ASAP. Link to the NCIC through our website at Also get a copy of, and read, the NCIC Bulletin

He should go to the doctor immediately to get checked out medically, as well as start a "paper trail" on the whens and hows of the injury. He can figure out if workers' compensation needs to pay the bill later.

Best regards,

S. Neal Camak

Board Certified Specialist in NC Workers' Compensation Law

Raleigh, NC

Read more
Answered on 10/13/08, 2:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now