Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

identity theft

my wallet was stolen. i put a fraud alert out on my credit. however when i recieved a copy of my credit report, it showed checking accounts opened in my name, and now to find out ''I'' owe several banks $30,000.00. What do I do?

Asked on 3/24/09, 4:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Cline Richard Cline & Co., LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: identity theft

You should call the police and also contact the credit reporting agency to report identity theft. This is a very serious problem, but you can resolve it if you are persistent.

Some people hire attorneys to help them address these issues. You have the right to do this all on your own -- you are not required to hire an attorney -- but some people prefer to have an attorney assist them.

I have worked with identity theft victims a couple of times. It is time consuming and tedious, but eventually you can get your credit cleared. If you would like to discuss it further, give me a call.


Rich Cline

Read more
Answered on 3/24/09, 5:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now