Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My fiance of three years walked out almost two weeks ago. He has made it clear to me that I have to get out ASAP and that I cannot take a thing because he paid for it all. When we started dating I had my own apartment and I had everything I needed, when I moved in with him, he made me leave much of that behind, saying he wanted new things. What we did take, he destroyed most of in fits of rage. I paid our security deposit and rent for the first month on our first place (about $1750), and worked for 3 months bringing in $600/wk. I received $3500 in taxes, that he used to buy a vehicle without my permission. It ended up being a lemon and sold for only $600 that had to be paid to my parents for money HE borrowed from them. I paid for his divorce $400, and sold MY car to fix his.. I cooked, cleaned, and cared for my two children, his two children, and the two we had together for nearly three years. Am I truly not owed a thing? Can he really take it all? I had everything before I started dating him, and if that is the case I will be left with nothing but the clothing on mine and my children's backs.

James Slater Slater & Zurz LLP

To properly answer your questions, we would like to provide you with a free consultation with one of our attorneys. To schedule your free consultation, please contact James Luna by calling 1-800-297-9191 or email jluna@slaterzurz.com.

Thank you.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio