Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I have been legaly seperated for 8 years. I have no property to devide nore is there a question of custody. I also have child support already established. Would it be better to get divorced or is it posible to get a disalution? There is no dispute except for getting our names back.

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, if two people are not fighting about anything and want to terminate their marriage, then a dissolution is generally the best way to go. However, sometimes people opt for a legal separation if there are reasons to keep the marriage technically in existence (religious beliefs against divorce or a health condition of one of the parties that would not be covered without the other's insurance, etc.).

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio