Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I have been legaly seperated for 8 years. I have no property to devide nore is there a question of custody. I also have child support already established. Would it be better to get divorced or is it posible to get a disalution? There is no dispute except for getting our names back.

Asked on 7/25/11, 6:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In Ohio, if two people are not fighting about anything and want to terminate their marriage, then a dissolution is generally the best way to go. However, sometimes people opt for a legal separation if there are reasons to keep the marriage technically in existence (religious beliefs against divorce or a health condition of one of the parties that would not be covered without the other's insurance, etc.).

Read more
Answered on 7/26/11, 8:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now