Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My sons dad and I went to court last year i was grated full custody but he was given an extra night during the week in addition to the exhibit a schedule. after court he was put on 2 years probabtion and now recieved a d.u.i. legally can i take him back to court to get some of his time taken away?

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, if something has happened that would make the court think that the present visitation schedule is no longer in the child's best interest, then you can petition the court for a change in the court order granting the visitation. It is important to note hewever that the court is not going to take away visitation as a punishment for being a bad person for getting a dui. Rather, if you can show the court something about your ex getting the dui that makes visitation with the child a bad idea, then the court will make any change needed to protect the child.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio