Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

My ex girlfriend agreed to purchase my car from me that she had been driving when she got her taxes back. Now she states that she is going to take me to court and get the car transferred into her name without me willingly signing the title.

We have two children together, the car is worth 2,000.00, and she has over 4,000.00 in the bank and can reasonably buy the car from me as verbally aggreed upon. I don't want to take the car away if I have to, (my children need transportation), but I can't let her take advantage of me.

So legally can she go to small claims court or something of the nature, and have the judge rule in her favor forcing me to sign the title over to her without her paying me for the car?

Harold Paddock Harold Paddock Co. LPA

Nothing can stop her from going to court, but the real questions is can she win? Under these limited facts in your question, she probably would not as she has not paid you for the car. She could argue the car was a gift from you, but she would have to prove that.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms