Ohio  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/02/10, 9:41 pm

My ex girlfriend agreed to purchase my car from me that she had been driving when she got her taxes back. Now she states that she is going to take me to court and get the car transferred into her name without me willingly signing the title.

We have two children together, the car is worth 2,000.00, and she has over 4,000.00 in the bank and can reasonably buy the car from me as verbally aggreed upon. I don't want to take the car away if I have to, (my children need transportation), but I can't let her take advantage of me.

So legally can she go to small claims court or something of the nature, and have the judge rule in her favor forcing me to sign the title over to her without her paying me for the car?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search