Ohio  |  Real Estate Law

renewal term. Tenant shall have the right, exercisable as hereinafter provided, to extend the term of this lease for one successive period of 1 year upon the same covenants, terms and conditions as those provided in the lease for the lease term. If tenant desires to preserve the right to extend the lease term for a renewal term, tenant shall give landlord and notice no later than 30 days before the end of the lease term.

that is verbatim the renewal term of my current lease. My lease ends in the middle of August and my landlord is unwilling to renew it. We were told first that the condo association does not allow renters. Even though they rented it to us anyway. They told us they were going to work with the condo association so that we could stay and we have been waiting on that. I was contacted a few days ago and told that because of the condo association we were not going to be able to continue living here for additional year. When we contact the landlord and told her that we were going to contact the condo association ourselves and try to plead her case she told us the truth. Evidently the condo association had said nothing to them but because we do not want to buy it, she is going to rent it to her son. Can she legally do this? And what are our rights, and what type of compensation can we expect?