Legal Question in Criminal Law in Oregon

I didn't finish my community service in the time allowed and was arrested . I;ve been to court once and have to go again to show cause . I don't qualify for a court appointed lawyer , and really can't afford one . Do I need a lawyer or can I do this myself ?

Asked on 8/02/12, 11:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Davenport Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It probably depends on what you are on probation for. If it is a misdemeanor, you could ask the judge to give you one more chance, and likely be okay. But if this is supervised probation for something like domestic violence or any felony probation, then it it would be a bad idea to go to court without a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/12, 2:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Oregon

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now