Pennsylvania  |  Business Law

Corporation dissolution / partner firing question

so here is my question:

I was an employee and a partner of a company for almost 9 years. I was a minority partner about 10-12%. Last week I was fired as an employee.

I am supposed to have a meeting with owner of the company and would like to come with solid facts and legal proof that he has to buy me out or pay me out (not sure what it is). Can someone show me where I can find verbiage or the law that says this is what has to happen?

My % was a handshake deal (now I know its not smart) but I really donít think he will go back on his word. I do know that he is a smart guy and if I show him I know what the law is and how it should work he will do the right thing. If not I guess I got nothing.

Answered on: 9/16/13, 1:28 pm by Glenn Brown

If you want to sow him that you know what the law is and how it should work, schedule a meeting with him and take your newly hired lawyer with you, let the lawyer do the talking and you speak when your lawyer wants you to say something.

Real World Law, P.C. 916 N Union St Suite 2 Wilmington, DE 19805