Pennsylvania  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/31/13, 11:01 am

I live in PA, I am married, my husband and I just bought our first home last year, we just bought 2 cars that has both our names on the title and we still owe 4 years on the loan. I don't have a bank account-I use my husbands. I owe 192,000 in student loans. I pay 65 to AES each month and 240 for federal loans serviced by Sallie mae. My private loans are at $1,500 a month which I can't afford so I stopped paying. Pa law does not allow wage garnishment and our deed to the house states that we own the house as tenants in the entirety. It is a 30 year mortgage. What legally can happen to me? Will I be sued and how will Sallie Mae try to get money from me? Should I try bankruptcy or just do nothing. Of course I want to pay it but I don't think "good faith payments" exist anymore and won't help me any? Sallie Mae so far has been unwilling to work with me on a payment that I can afford.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search