Pennsylvania  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/18/06, 10:58 am

Notice that I have been sued in court

I received a post card on Saturday December 16th from the county Sheriff. I went today and picked up my papers that they had for me and it is from Capital One Bank. They are sueing me for non-payment. It states that I am to take action in 20 days if I want to defend against them. I know that I am guilty. What should I do? How can they sue me in court when I was not there? Is there anyway to set up payment arrangements? Are they allowed to sue me? The date on the paper from Capital One to the Sheriff of Blair County is November 20, 2006 and they just tried to contact me on December 16, 2006, but the Filed date is December 8, 2006. Is there anything that I can do? Thank you for your time.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search