Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

I charged 5000.00 on my husbands debit card can i be arrested and prosecuted for this? if so what would the charges be? we are not legally separated. I live in philadelphia

It depends. Why would you do this? If you are still with your husband, does he know about this? Were the charges made with his permission? If he does not know he will when the credit card statement arrives. Was this one purchase or multiple purchases? Doesn't he notice that there were charges on his card?

If your husband denies liability for this debt, then he will need to fill out a fraud affidavit and probably a police report. It will then be up to your husband and the credit card issuer as to whether they wish to prosecute or not.

If your husband does not wish to do this, then he will have accepted responsibility for the charges. As long as you pay the credit card bill and get these paid off as soon as possible, then there will not be any criminal prosecution.

You and your husband need to have a serious talk. And never do this again.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania