Pennsylvania  |  Criminal Law

I honestly have no idea what came over me, to just keep going.

I just received the information for court, which is in a week and a half. It says that I must get a public defender or an attorney.. I am in PA and the charges are 75$ 3743 $$ A and 75$ 3744 $$ A .

What am I looking at in terms of punishment? What am I looking at in terms of affording an attorney, I need to get either an attorney or and Public defender within 72 hours. The letter is dated on the 30th but I got it on the 31st, so is tomorrow my deadline?

I have never been in trouble before, except one speeding ticket when I was 17(28 now.) I am freaking out and looking for any kind of advise! Am I looking at jail time or probation here? Is an attorney or a lawyer a must? Am I going to end up paying more for them than what I would be charged with, without one? Are public defenders really a joke? I understand they are not there to lessen your sentence but to make sure your rights are not violated..