Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I filed a petition for special relief and received an order of Rule returnable by a certain date. I immediately mailed a copy of the rule and petition to my unrepresented opposing party. If there is no response how do i file a motion to make the rule absolute? I can find no sample on line. In addition rule 440 states that service can be via USPS mail and service is considered complete upon mailing. However all mail I have sent in the past comes back refused. What happens if the petition and Rule come back refused?

Asked on 9/20/13, 6:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the certified mail come comes back as refused and you sent the same thing regular mail then it's good service.

For a rule absolute you make an order from the court and file that indicating they hadn't responded to the rule.


Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now