Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

I have a four almost five month old baby boy he was born in a new york hospital but address is my apartment his mother took him and moved back with her parents in new york but his address is still mine right now i see him every weekend and am ready to fight for joint custody would this be a new york or PA case.

Child custody is based on where the child has lived for the past six months. Although on paper his address is PA the child is in NY now. However, you do not indicate when the child left. If the child lived in PA and only left recently, then PA might have jurisdiction. Talk to a family law attorney first where you live. If the attorney tells you that NY law applies, then you will have to bring a custody action in the county where the child lives in NY.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania