Pennsylvania  |  Family Law

I am planning a vacation to Jamaica for my 2 children under the age of 16. I have been divorced from him for 6 years. I have primary custody.I applied for passports for them with the notarized authorization from their father. The father wants to know when and where I am going with the kids.

My ex husband is not in their lives because of drinking, drugs and health problems. I feel he is dangerous. I am worried about my home while I am away.

By law do I have to give him the details of my trip?

Answered on: 7/20/11, 12:25 pm by Cary Hall

Did you get the passports already? What does your custody agreement say? Often, there is language within an agreement which mandates that a vacationing parent provide contact information for the children to the other during the trip. Your custody agreement, as adopted by the Court, *is* the law that you must follow. Other than that, there is no free-standing Pennsylvania statute that would require you to divulge your vacation details.

Hope this helps. If you'd like to discuss your situation in further detail offsite, feel free to contact me. Best of luck to you and your children.

Cary B. Hall, Esquire

Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.

121 East Chestnut Street, Suite 205

Souderton, PA 18964

T: (267) 663-9995

F: (215) 525-4364

cbh@carybhall.com

http://www.carybhall.com

Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C. 25 West Airy Street, Suite 300 Norristown, PA 19401